Wednesday, February 1, 2012



Why the picture of Elijah & Isaac's dresser you ask? This morning when we had finished getting ready ourselves and went to get the kids, we were surprised to find the light on in their room... . Not the main light which could possibly be reached if they use something as a stepping stool to get to the light switch - it was the lamp. Which is at the top of their dresser. Where were the boys? Sitting in that open drawer pictured. And all the clothes were strewn across the floor. Thankfully the entire dresser didn't collapse on them! My first instinct was to run and get my camera, but I held myself back. They had to know this was wrong. I called Ben in, and he took care of disciplining the boys since Abrielle was also awake and crying in her room. Ben had the boys put all the clothes away as well as two-year-old's can, back into the dresser. I still haven't had time to refold all the shirts, I've only stuffed them back in the drawer.

I'm surprised it has taken the boys this long to figure out how to get to the lamp on the dresser. I hope they forget about it quickly. But just in case they don't, I think I'll hold off on refolding all the shirts. I'll give it a few days.

My kids enjoyed bumper cars in the driveway today. The boys probably enjoyed it a bit more than Abrielle because she is actually sitting in a poopy diaper in this picture. Yes, I knew it was poopy. And yes, I continued to push them around in the car. There were too many giggles to stop for a diaper change. I knew it would mean more of a mess (and it did), but it was worth it.

The brown-nosed dog pictured was loving fed rain puddle this afternoon by Elijah. He's recently into feeding his pretend animals. This is the first time he decided to give one of his little pets a drink of mud water, but I'm pretty sure the dog enjoyed it. Doggy is currently in the washer, along with Abrielle's poopy clothes from this afternoon, the boys' muddy pants from our walk to meet Daddy down the dirt road when he came home tonight, some dish rags, and my own clothes that were soiled in the mud.

A full load of laundry = A good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment